Friday, February 04, 2011

Farming Friday

Bill has been home since Monday due to the snow.  THE SNOW!  We haven't seen anything like this in years. In fact, last Tuesday we got around 14 inches, beating the previous record of 12.9 inches over 24 hours set in 1994.  It's amazing.  Since I have no farm pics to share, I will share snow pics from today!

I loved walking around the house (after being cooped up for a few days!)  The snow was up to my thighs in my places!  Absolutely wild!



This drift is probably 4 feet!
Bill's dad is taking care of the cattle.  Bill did have one calf die due to the weather this past week.  These conditions are just too hard for little newborn calves.  I just pray that the weather starts to calm down a bit!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Love!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh!!!! i am having a hard time wrapping my mind around this. we have nothing like this... were on the edge of the storm, i suppose. though we did have a few glorious moments with snow yesterday, we avoided the rough stuff. i learned last year that wintry weather is not exactly the best for cattle. but, i sure do wish we could have a little more of the white fluff. ;-) hang in there. it sounds like more snow is on the horizon. eek!

    ReplyDelete