So, I finally made it through my google reader list (it is seriously getting out of control -- I need to 'unsubscribe' to some in order to find some effectiveness when sitting in front of the computer!).
For today's Farming Friday post, I want to quiz you all. Can you tell what is happening here? Can you guess what they are harvesting?
**UPDATE**
I'll give you a hint - this particular item of produce is not commonly eaten by my generation in this particular region of the US. But, I suspect it is far more common in the South. :)
Does that help?
In related news, they have officially planted most corn AND have even planted some watermelons! I can't wait for summer days with lots of fresh produce - it will be even more fun this summer since Eli will actually be able to partake! :)
Have a fantastic weekend!
Love!
Friday, April 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Is it collard greens??? My parents grew up in Texas and ate them all the time. I'm not so much a fan. Its the only thing I could think of. :) Happy Monday!
ReplyDeleteYou're so good! They are actually Spinach greens, but it is really hard to tell the difference, even when you are standing right next to them! I'm going to post a few more pics now. Thanks for responding... I was starting to wonder if anyone actually read this! ;)
ReplyDeletei was going to guess collards but forgot over the weekend. =) yay for beth to throw in her two cents... & basically get it right. she's getting the gardening bug, for sure. ;-)
ReplyDeletecris, did you all plant these???? i'm confused. =)