Friday, April 22, 2011

Different Perspective

Eli's arrival into this world has greatly altered my relationship with our Heavenly Father, Jesus.  I know I made that point here.  But, today, on Good Friday -- it's all (literally ALL) I can think about.

Did God seriously offer His son as a sacrifice for my life?!  Did He do this, knowing how often I was going to screw up, live for my own agenda, and not follow His perfect will for my life?

I know He did - and I cannot find anything more humbling.  


Without Jesus I would have absolutely no chance at experiencing even one day in Heaven -- which is the ONLY thing that could beat out months of all my favorite things - beaches (ideally in Cronulla), Eli, ice cream, Eli, Bill, Tom Ford's Black Orchid, our families, Eli, ... you get the picture.

Lord, through the suffering of your Son, you have allowed me the option to serve You and, through your grace, spend eternity with you in Heaven.  My heart radiates at that thought -- Heaven... with YOU!... for ETERNITY!  Eeekk!!!  :)  While I promise to try not to, I know I will still mess up and be a messy Christian.  Lord, please continue to mold me into the woman you designed me to be.  More than anything, I ask that you speak through me as I walk through life -- with Bill, Eli, and every single person I come into contact with.  Lord, I ask that they see You -- not me -- and are inspired to pursue You that much more.

I love you, Lord, and I thank you for the ultimate sacrifice!  AMEN!

I pray you all have a fabulous weekend celebrating with friends and family!

Love!

0 comments:

Post a Comment