We spent our Memorial Day on the farm, planting watermelons and driving tractors. Well, really, I was just there to document and transport the baby when necessary.
Bill LOVED having Eli on the farm for a couple of hours. And, Eli loved all the big machines that made noises like his tractor books! I thought he might be scared when he got close to the tractor, but he just sat down and didn't look back!
 |
| Where's Eli? |
 |
| Look at me, Mom! Fire it up, dada! |
 |
| I'm such a dork... had to break out his John Deere tee for a day at the farm! I have an Old Navy shirt that has a gold tractor on it that I sometimes wear down there, too! The guys don't know how to handle me. ;) Poor Eli doesn't have a choice when it comes to my dorkiness... yet! |
 |
| "honk, honk!" |
 |
| Cody is their farm-helper guy. He's super sweet and kinda shy... so I like to ask him embarrassing questions. :) |
 |
| Throwing rocks into the tire = so exciting!! |
 |
| Mom, can I puh-leeeeeeeease take the semi for a quick spin around the corn field? |
 |
| All smiles after a few hours farming with daddy! |
so much fun! and, i love seeing these farming daddies with their boys... those are the real-deal smiles. =) blue will ride in the combine this weekend and probably be beside himself. for months, he's been pointing them out. this week, he's been watching them do their thing out in the wheatfields. now he gets to actually be in one. he's arrived!
ReplyDeletehappy weekend.
such a cutie! and i LOVE the jewelry in the previous post!
ReplyDelete